Saturday, May 1, 2010

Walk for Cures...


I don't think I have ever really thought about how many amazing things happen and are given to me everyday. I have an amazing set of friends that are always here for me whether I want them to be or not, a great family who is not always functional but a dang good time, and many of my own great qualities. Life is good.

Today, I walked for children with cancer. It had an amazing turn out, and even my hero Herky the Hawkeye was there (not to mention there was no cyclone). The little boy we went to support, Will Krueger, is such an amazing kid. He is reason alone to do something selfless for one morning. With every smile I feel like he says a thousand words. He has amazing strength, that I wish I even had half of. Days like today just put me in my place, and open my heart to those who really need help. Will, thank you for being such a light in my life and such an inspiring person. I love you and am going to try to help as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment