Sunday, November 15, 2009

Forever or For now...



Over my life...which hasn't been very long...I feel like I have been exposed to many breakups. I was going through some facebook pictures and looking at couples that I thought would be together forever. I started dwelling on it really...My parents, my friends boyfriends, new marriages, brad and jen (yes pitt and aniston). I mean what makes these relationships fail? What makes the sparks die? How do you get so wrapped up that you don't want to make it work?

As everyone can relate to, friends are starting to get married and have babies. I am probably one of the luckiest friends because most of my friends haven't really boarded that train. I just wonder why these people want to get married so young? I am 23 years old and no where near ready to be married. I am the most selfish person on the planet. I have grown oh so much since high school and come to realize why my previous relationships dont work and grow from the relationships in the past. Those are stepping stones getting you to where you need to be for the one you're going to spend your life with. Don't get me wrong...if you think you are ready do it. If you have found the one...marry him/her. All I am going to say is be smart about it.

I honestly feel like these days marraige is a joke. People do not take it seriously at all. How can you look at your marriage and say Oh well I can just divorce him/her? That mentality is crazy to me. I have been through divorce. I have seen others go through divorce. It is hell. Nothing is ever the same. No matter how good your parents get along you aren't a family anymore. I could go on about divorce for hours and pages....but nothing I could say applies to everyone. I just know one thing...I will never be divorced. So when you all decide to get married, just make sure there is not an ounce of doubt. Nerves yes always...but no doubt. This is not a race to the alter...it is your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment