Sunday, November 29, 2009

LOVE is actually ALL around

With the Holidays here, I have been feeling more stressed than regular. I get like this every year. Maybe it is because I just get over emotional, or the stress of trying to balance all the family stuff and friend stuff. Then this year to top it off I have finals to worry about and my job. I realize that I can do all these things probably way better than I give myself credit for.

I can't believe how fast this year has gone. I feel like this has been the best year, and I am so thankful for everything that God has so graceously given me. I often wonder what I have done to deserve the things that I have. God has blessed my life for what reason, who cares. A few days ago was Thanksgiving. I had to work which really was not my first choice to start the day off. To top things off that meant I had to miss Georgia's dinner. I was off to a rocky day, but I left work and went over to Marc and Jen's. You know there is something about Zoya that just brings a smile to my face. Everyone was there when I got there Jake, Ben, Marc, Jen, Gram, John, Zoya, and Dk...Instantly Zoya (as Jen would say) hung on to me like a qualia bear. I don't know what about that is awesome, but the fact that someone is that excited to see me whenever I come around is just the best. Zoya is just so full of energy and life. It is nice to be around her. Needless to say, she definately makes me have my A game on. The day went on and Gram went back to Pella and some interesting events happened. Then we sent the kids to bed, and Cub went to party. We sat and talked to Jen for at least 2 hours. I feel like the reason Jen and I butt heads is because we are pretty similar. We talked a lot and things definately got said that needed to be said. Jen has the ability to actually hear what I say and I can tell she knows what I am saying. She tries to understand which helps, and then she has her input which allows me to know she is listening. In those moments I could feel God. He guides you when He knows that we need his help. In those times, I feel stronger than ever. Sometimes you just need an extra little boost to say the things that you normally wouldn't, and that is what he gives me.

I am growing up people...yes it is weird. I definately do not feel like the same girl who was out at the bar everynight for 4 months in a row. I have done so many things that probably should not have happened, but I would not change any of them for they have formed me into the woman that I am today. God is using my trials for other people to learn from. I will never be perfect, nor will I ever claim to be. I believe that God is Love, and he has shown me that love. I hope everyone allows God to live through them and in them. To allow them to grow in amazing ways. Let him make you be the best version of you.

GOD IS LOVE.

1 comment:

  1. just so you know...i heart you. and God is doing amazing things for you and within you.
    20 days & 16 days till your birthday!

    ReplyDelete