Sunday, November 8, 2009

Hawkeye For Life!






I feel like I am a huge Hawkeye fan! Just love a man in uniform...but there is something special about a bunch of men hitting each other for the rush and satisfaction of pure ego that is nothing but amazing! Yesterday the boys just weren't on their A game.

However on halloween I made my first appearance at Kinnick, and let me tell you what best day of my life so far. I love that whether you know anyone or not for those 4 hours we are one. We are all there for the same reason...The Hawks. They for sure proved to us that day that we are a 4th quarter team. Watching that game, I realized that it takes someone special to play football at that level and up. All those fans...I believe they said yesterday that there was 70,000 people in Kinnick? Holy Cow! Not to mention the people watching! How is letting down over roughly guessing here 250,000 people even an option?? I mean I get tingles thinking about that game. You know what though...even in the worst times (stanzi's 6 interception throws) I never lost faith or gave up hope. Maybe they didn't do it this weekend but next week is a totally different ball game.

I believe. Those words alone are enough. And if those aren't enough I have faith. Not only in those football players but in my family and my friends. I promise everytime I write I won't talk about Mary:), but when she left one of my best friends, Sarah Ann Felt, said ,"This is a test of your character and to build your character." I'll never forget that. The way we respond to things allows people to see how we are growing. Now I am going to be honest, there are still days that are hard. When certain songs come on, going to dinner and church on Thursdays, and just remembering stuff. But look at the good in everything, Mary is helping her family right now and they need her more than I do right now, and Lindsey and I have gotten really close which I love, and I try to keep positive because that is what Mary does. Glass half full right? I am shaping myself right now, and I am not going to say that I have anything right yet, but the best part is that it is all coming together.

No comments:

Post a Comment