Monday, November 30, 2009

16 and Prego


I want to start a charity. To me there is something not right about turning on a talk show and they have 14-18 year old girls who want to have children. CHILDREN ARE NOT A JOKE. Having a child, as dumb as it sounds, is a life commitment. How do these people not think about their choices? How do you not realize that you are about to be responsible for someone else?

I work in a daycare. I love those kids to death. However it makes me realize that some "adults" at 30+ are NOT ready to have children, so what would ever make me think that someone that is 16 is ready? I want to be able to give these kids a place to go to talk to someone because if they can't talk to their parents then no one is probably talking to them. A child is a full time job, and you can't just decide you don't want to go sometimes. I know that I am preaching to the choir on this, but I want to help these girls. I want to be able to show them that you have to be selfless, honest, and be in love with this baby.

I can not change the whole world, but I can start right here in Des Moines. I can not speak for every 16 year old out there, and I can not speak from expierence. But I can tell you that I want to help. I want to listen, and I want to understand. I guess maybe I can't show people everything that they need to know, but I can let these girls be the kids that they are. If they are pregnant, I want to help. I don't have all the money in the world, but all you need is love. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment